Wolfie’s Scraps and Things

10 February 2010

Good plans laid to waste...

Here it is almost 6pm Wednesday evening and I'm in the same place I was in Sunday evening at about the same time...My wonderful recliner! The problem with that is that I've been here the whole entire time except for very long, painful and agonizing trips to the WC or to feed and water critters or let dogs out. Yep, my back is out, AGAIN, and it's one of the worst episodes I've ever had in the past 17 years. Thankfully it is finally starting to feel a bit better and not quite so painful to move. I just hope I'm all better when Arjan comes home on Friday or at the very least by Sunday...I really don't want to spend Valentine's Day hurting so much he can't even give me a hug or a kiss!

I had such good plans for the week too. I was going to spring clean our closet and our bedroom this week as well as a lot of scrapping that I wanted to get to, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be for this week.

In other news, Bertha, Arjan's mom, had her initial appointment with her oncologist today. They have scheduled another scan for the 15th and then her radiation therapy begins on March 1st. She will have 28 daily treatments monday-friday. Then she'll have chemotherapy but we don't have any details on that yet. The oncologist did say that her cancer is very treatable. No 100% guarantees, of course, but that does sound very encouraging.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Aww!! I hope your back feels better soon!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Jacinda said...

I so wish I lived closer to give you a hand. Or a back. ;P

My Mum is going to the temple tomorrow. She will put Bertha's name on the prayer roll then.