Wolfie’s Scraps and Things

18 January 2010

And the week begins...

It's Monday morning and Arjan is on a plane back to the UK for the week and along with him went my power cable for my beloved laptop. His cable had been bad for quite some time and finally just gave out. He ordered a new one but it hasn't arrived yet so I let him take mine. I sure hope the new one gets here in the next day or two because I'm a bit lost without my own laptop.

I really thought it was going to put a huge cramp in my scrapping for the week, but I've found a workable solution...I hope. We have his mom's old Dell laptop that we are supposed to reformat and refresh for her so I can at least get online and check forums and all that. I just downloaded the trial version of PSE 8.0 and hopefully I can figure that out fairly quickly since I am used to PSCS 4. So, yeah, that should work...I'll find out a bit later after I get the housework all finished.

We had the 2010 Kickoff party at his work Saturday night...1.5 hr drive there...pretty boring party and the food wasn't really what we were hoping for but I did get to meet several of his colleagues and now can put a face to the names of some of the people he is always talking about. We left the party 2 hours early because of a terrible snow storm. It was slow going on the way home but the snow eventually turned to rain and we made it home safe and sound and I was quite happy to get out of the SUV and into my own house.

I don't do well with icy roads since my car accident back in 1993 where my ex-husband was driving too fast and the tire caught a rut in the ice and flipped us off the road. Nothing like flying through the roof of a car and landing on your head a mere 2 inches from the edge of a cliff to make you not want to be in a car during ice and snow storms.

Not a lot planned for the week other than a cleanup of the house and to finish cleaning out the secretary and get the paper work all sorted again for the year. Other than that just a lot of scrapping on the schedule.

4 comments:

Lena said...

Wow, well glad you found a usable solution so you can at least get online and scrap for now! Laptop cords are the bane of my existence sometimes, I swear. They always go out at the worst times!

Balinda (RebelChick) said...

I would be scared of those icy roads too after that horrible accident. It's great you have a way to at least feel connected with the other pc. Hope that cord comes in soon!

DawnMarch said...

Wow, what a scary accident story! I'd still be traumatized too!

Unknown said...

oh goodness! That accident sounds awful! You are sooo lucky! I am terrified of being out during snow storms and things. EEK!