Wolfie’s Scraps and Things

21 August 2010

TGIF

I'm glad today is Friday because that means that I got to pick Arjan up from the airport for his weekend at home.

My very late fabric order arrived this morning and I'm glad it's finally here. By the way, did you know that 20 meters of fabric is a LOT of fabric? It is, trust me on this one. The fabric is beautiful but the trim is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to get stuck in with all my sewing tomorrow.

My future MIL is going to be here on Wednesday to help me with some cutting and hopefully I'll be far enough along to do a fitting. I can't wait to spend some one on one time with her. We don't get to do that very often and after the cancer and subsequent chemo, radiation, surgery and complications due to the surgery I've not seen her near as much as I would like.

Speaking of my future MIL, she's doing very well health wise. She completed her chemo and radiation therapies mid April and had her surgery in May. After she was released from the hospital she had to be rushed back a couple of days later with a severe infection and a non-functioning kidney. She had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks with that but I'm happy to report that she is feeling much better now and has her kidney function back. The surgery was a huge success and I am just thrilled to say that she is cancer free. She does have a stoma, but it is temporary and she'll be having it removed sometime in October. She could have it removed sooner but she wants to wait so she can be in Sedona for our wedding.

That's it for now. I'm off to spend some time with Arjan and decide what we are doing the rest of the weekend.

0 comments: