Wolfie’s Scraps and Things

01 July 2010

Dutch Only

Admittedly, I haven't done very well with learning the Dutch language since I arrived here almost 9 years ago, so I guess it's well past time to get busy with it. I can read, write and understand Dutch fairly well, but speaking Dutch is a whole other story. It doesn't help that the Dutch people are so willing to speak English, that I am home alone most of the time or that Arjan speaks English even his sleep. So last month Arjan and I made a deal, starting today, only Dutch is spoken in this household. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ebony Arwen said...

Good luck! I would love to learn another language... but I never seem to have the time. Since when did everyone get so busy? :D

marion said...

mmmm de volgende keer aan de telfoon praten we nederlands...:):)